Wairepo House is in Mariri, right at the heart of the Nelson region's rural hinterland at the top of the South Island in New Zealand.
We are close to the Moutere Inlet and command sweeping views of Tasman Bay and the magnificent Mount Arthur mountain range. No matter how you arrive here, the spirit and charm of Wairepo House will replenish your body and rejuvenate your soul.
Nelson is New Zealand's 4th busiest airport and is well served with regular arrivals and departures from domestic airlines. If required both shuttle and car hire facilities are available in the terminal.
Driving to Wairepo House is an easy and pleasant journey if you are used to New Zealand roads. If you are coming from Nelson on State Highway 60 you will find Weka Road on your left, 3 kilometres past the Tasman turnoff, then take the first right at the stone gates into Wairepo House.
Driving distance & times
- Nelson: 37 K's - 40 mins
- Motueka: 8 K's - 9 mins
- Picton: 146 K's - 2 hours
- Christchurch (inland via Lewis Pass): 423 K's - 5.5 hours
- Christchurch (coastal via Kaikoura): 462 K's - 6 hours
- Westport: 230 K's - 2.75 hours
- Greymouth: 294 K's - 3.5 hours
- Kaiteriteri (start of Abel Tasman National Park): 22 K's - .5 hour